The Zappos Family offers a preferred provider organization (PPO) medical plan, large provider network, and no money out-of-pocket for certain medical expenses! Some highlights of the plan are listed below:
- No deductible for in-network utilization.
- All eligible primary, routine, and preventative care covered at 100 percent.
Delta Dental PPO
Our dental plan covers 2 free exams per year and 3 free cleanings. You will have a $2000 plan maximum per year to cover basic and major services. We also provide an adult orthodontia benefit.
We offer two types of vision plans: a base plan and a buy-up plan. The base vision plan provides you with everything you need to keep your eyes healthy! The buy-up plan is intended for eyeglass/contact lens lovers because it has an increased allowable for just a few dollars more per paycheck.
The Zappos Family offers life insurance and accident insurance. For both plans, your benefit is 1x your annual salary.
- On-site Fitness Center, open 24/7 with cardio equipment, weight machines and free weights.
- Regular on-site wellness calendar featuring fitness classes, financial awareness classes, and nutritional/general health classes several times per month.
- Endurance Event Reimbursement Program - 100 percent reimbursement of entry fee into eligible endurance events.
- Company sponsored fitness challenges.
- On-site Weight Watchers sessions with reimbursement.
- Healthy food options in the on-site cafe and break areas.
- Free salads, sandwiches, soup, fruit, beverages, ice cream, cereals, and more.
- Free smoking cessation classes (available telephonically and on-site).
- Healthy babies program.
- Biometric screenings with private health consultation.
- Adoption and infertility benefits (up to $6,000 annually).
- On-site health screenings (vision, hearing, blood pressure, etc.).
- Wellness fairs.
- Massage chair.
- Cab vouchers.
- Nap room.
- Nutritional evaluations.
- Employee Assistance Program (6 face-to-face counseling sessions for you and members of your immediate household).
- Work/Life EAP - concierge services for employees.
- Flexible spending account for medical and dependent care - use pre-tax money to pay for health (up to $2,500) or dependent care expenses (up to $5,000 per calendar year).
- MetLaw - prepaid legal plan for only $7.62 per pay period to have an attorney on retainer! Get help with documents, draft a will/trust, and much more!
- 40% employee discount on the Zappos.com website.
- 401k match.
- Paid volunteer time off.
- Monthly team outings to "build a positive team and family spirit"!
- Sick time.
- Pet insurance.
- Car pool program.
- Nursing room.
- Bereavement leave.
- Several discounts with local businesses.
- And more!
Zappos Family Company Events (just a few to give you a taste)
Company Picnic - themed events catering to children with inflatables and games.
Halloween - We open our doors for safe trick or treating. It's more than candy though! We have games and activities for the children. We turn our office into a haunted house and spend the day scaring our visitors!
Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day - This national event is held each year at the Zappos Family's Nevada office with over 100 children attending. They get to spend time with their parents for part of the day and then move into a classroom type setting for arts and crafts, interviews with HR, and other activities. Tony (CEO), Chris (CFO/COO), and Fred (No Title) make sure to always be available each year to meet with the kids to talk about entrepreneurship. Tony tells how he made a few hundred dollars a month when he was young selling buttons. He also likes to hold a scream competition to see which child can scream the loudest. Picture a small room with 100 screaming kids.